Lemon, Honey and Apple Cider Vinegar Cold & Flu Remedy

Cough. Hack. Splutter.
My darling daughter has passed on her darling germs, and I have woken up with a sore throat, dripping nose and uncontrollable sneezes today. No wonder she has been so cuddly and sookie lately, I am very ready to crawl back into bed. Alas, my baby will not wait whilst I feel sorry for myself.
Time to break my no sugar (that includes no honey) rule, and start dosing up with my trusty Lemon, Honey and Apple Cider Vinegar drink.


You will need:
1 Lemon
1-2 teaspoons of organic apple cider vinegar (with the mother)
1-2 teaspoons of honey (raw is best!)
Boiling water

Method: Using a citrus reamer or squeezer, squeeze the juice of one lemon into a glass, including the pulp. Then by hand squeeze each lemon half tightly to break the skin, allowing the lemon oils to surface from the rind, then pop the halves into the glass. Add honey & apple cider vinegar to taste. Fill the glass with boiling water and stir. Serves 1.


Lemon: Among other things is alkalising, fights infections, high in vitamin C.
Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV): May improve immunity, may soothe the throat, may help sinus drainage.
Lemon Rind Oil: May improve respiratory function, is anti-bacterial, may stimulate the immune system.
Raw Honey: May reduce the longevity of a cold, anti-bacterial, anti-viral.


Variations: I sometimes also add either, or a combination of the following; crushed cloves of Garlic (anti-viral), or grated Ginger (cough suppressor & anti-nausea), or a pinch of Cayenne Pepper or chilli (for sinus relief), or a pinch of Cinnamon (for immunity).

My cure all for cold & flu aliments. Mighty powerful and mighty tasty!
I'd love to hear your tried and trusted cold & flu remedies - feel free to share them below.
Elena x
Looking after my snuffly bubby...


Comments

  1. Greetings and thank you for your post.
    How often do you drink this concoction (in a day)? I'm trying it for the first time.
    Thanks in advance for responding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I drink this any time I feel a tickle in my throat, or feel thirsty, or feel like I need a pick-me-up. During a cold I would drink this at least 3 times a day - and probably 8 times a day if I am feeling particularly awful. I would also supplement this with plain water and green tea. You can’t really overdose on this, and it is so important to keep your fluids up as much as possible during a period of illness. Look after yourself xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you ever given this to a child to drink for their cough and congestion?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, Meredith, this is the first remedy i reach for when my 2 old and 5 year old get colds. All the best x E

      Delete
  4. Your lemon, honey and apple cider vinegar cold and flu remedy is great. The ingredients are easy to find and the preparation is easy. Thanks for sharing. Also check out herbal cough remedies and dosages here: http://survival-mastery.com/med/health/cough-remedies.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im no expert, but I believe you just made an excellent point. You certainly fully understand what youre speaking about, and I can truly get behind that. Antipodes Skin Care Antipodes Australia

    ReplyDelete
  6. For what reason do we require super nourishments? Basically, the ordinary eating regimen is low in basic supplements.wat is appelazijn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi ! I found your blog today and am really impressed !
    Would you please consider adding my blog : Natural-Remedies.eshcarmel.org to your publicly shown list of blogs that you follow ? My blog has info on natural remedies for acne, anxiety, arthritis, diabetes, rosacea and other ailments.
    I will add your blog in return to the list of blogs I follow, publicly shown on my blog under "Favorite Blogs" on the right-hand side.
    If you do add my blog to your list, please let me know by contacting me, using the contact info on my blog. I will immediately return the favor. Thanks a lot !

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a truly good site post. Not too many people would actually, the way you just did. I am really impressed that there is so much information about this subject that have been uncovered and you’ve done your best, with so much class. If wanted to know more about green smoke reviews, than by all means come in and check our stuff. scott

    ReplyDelete
  9. Admiring the hard work you put into your website and detailed information you offer. It's nice to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't the same unwanted rehashed information. Fantastic read! I've bookmarked your site and I'm including your RSS feeds to my Google account. paypal login my account

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

what do you think?

#instagram

Popular Posts